Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snowflake Frost- SCIC30


It's Thursday and that means it is time for another Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge! This week we have these elegant inspiration pictures to work with. Look at all that glitter and glam in the pictures! We would love for you to play along with us! Just stop by the Stampin' Celebration blog and link your creation!

When I saw these pictures, they gave me a frosty-wintery feeling, so I decided to go with the sparkly snowflake theme! Here is what I came up with! (glitter and shimmery things are soo hard to take pictures of...anyone have any recommendations?)

The colors I used on my card are Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Concord Crush. I die cut the snowflakes from the Merry Details Sizzlit die in all four of the purples. Then I used the Frost White Shimmer paint and lightly sponged all the snowflakes and any Whisper White card stock on the front of my card. The snowflakes are held together using a brad that I dipped into Tombow adhesive and then dipped into the Silver Glass Glitter.

The snowflakes are mounted on to 1 1/2" squares of Brushed Silver card stock that I added Silver Glass Glitter to each of the sides using the Tombow adhesive. The sentiment comes from the Curly Cute stamp set.

I mounted the snowflake panel on to a piece of Vellum card stock that I crumpled up in my hands to give it an icy-cold look.

Really this card did not take all that long to create, even though it look like it would be!

Thanks for looking!
and I hope I inspired you to create something too!

No comments: