Thursday, July 29, 2010

Share What You Love- Stampin' Up! Convention 2010 re-cap

Where do I start?! Last week was Stampin' Up!'s annual convention and it was a blast as usual! I went with a group of demo's from my area and had a great time! I will give you a brief overview of the week:

My friend and roommate for the week, Lou, and I arrived a day early and went to dinner with a friend of mine and rested up for the big week ahead of us!


Day 1:
Check in and receive your bag and free stamp sets from SU!. Go shopping in Momento Mall(this is a store SU! sets up with all kinds of fun stuff for us to buy!). Visit the display boards and see all the projects that demo's submitted to SU! Walk through the Sweet Shoppe that SU! made (it was set up like a cady store and EVERYTHING you could images was made out of paper and establishments!) Attend SU!'s Flower Power Party (a 60's themed party with giveaways demonstrations and games)...oh yeah eat dinner with your demo friends! Sleep!

Day 2:
Attend Opening General Session (where all 2000+ demos in attendance meet for the morning to listen to the motivational speaker, see fabulous demonstrations, learn new and exciting things and win free stamps!!..it is like a huge party for people who love SU!) Then eat lunch provided by SU and participate in an organized swap (I signed up for one put on by Stacey from Stacy's Stamping Stage.) That afternoon attend classes and learn all kinds of things related to stamping and even do "make and takes"! (I hosted an organized Big Shot Book swap right after classes today too!) After classes eat dinner with demo friends and then attend Awards Night and find out I WAS on the FINALIST list for Artisan Award!! (This is not the top ten, but this does mean I was in the top 25 of all the people who submitted projects this year and I got to stand up and be super excited...it was a complete surprise!!! I will be posting the projects I submitted on my blog here soon!) After Awards there was live entertainment! Sleep!

Day 3:

Attend General Session in the morning, eat lunch and then attend classes in the afternoon. (I hosted my second organized Big Shot book swap right after classes today too!) Go to dinner with a sideline, my up-up line and another demo friend and talk stamping. Look through swaps we received and get some new ideas! Sleep!

Day 4:
Attend a General Session that Shelli and her daughter Sara put on to show us new and exciting projects with new and exciting products!! (coming soon! ;) ) Attend one more class, then eat lunch and then attend the Closing General Session and get more FREE products and learn more new cool ideas!! Eat dinner with my roommate, Lou. Sleep!

We got home the next day exhausted but inspired and re-energized to create new things!

Convention is always such a blast and SU! always seems to amaze me with everything they do to put on this incredible event! Thanks Stampin' Up!

That's it! My Convention 2010 re-cap!

**you will see links to blogs that have pictures of the things I am talking about, please know that I did not take these pictures and that they are property of the person's blog I linked to....thanks to those of you who took some pictures!***

No comments: