Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blue Whale Boy card- SCIC13


It's Thursday and that means it is time for a new Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge! This week we are inspired by this fun beach-y themed group of pictures. We would love to see your creations using this picture as inspiration. Just head on over to the Stampin' Celebration blog and link your project! While you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team members projects this week too!

Here is what I came up with this week, a blue whale boy card! This is not where this card was going when I started, but it just kept leading itself in this direction, so that is where I took it! I used five different blues from Stampin' Up!. They are Bashful Blue (sky), Night of Navy (whale), Not Quite Navy (Scallop Trim Border wave), Marina Mist (Scallop Edge Border wave) and Pacific Point (Eyelet Border wave).

The Bashful Blue sky background was sent through the Crimper to give it some interest. I made the waves by layering the different punches on top of each other and then I added the 5/8" Marina Mist ribbon as a final touch. The Whale was a image I printed off the computer and then transferred it onto a piece of Night Of Navy card stock, cut it out and crumpled it up to give it a little texture.

The "boy" was die cut with Whisper White card stock using the Big Shot and the Timeless Type Alphabet.

Here is a close up of some of the detail. I hope you can join us this week!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: