Friday, July 9, 2010

Birthday Candles-CCCCact37


It was Stacey's birthday week over at the Curtain Call Color Challenge this week! And did she have some fun colors; Temping Turquoise, Barley Banana, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Melon Mambo. I knew I wanted to make a birthday card for Stacey this week, so that is what I did!

Here is what I made, a card full of birthday candles! I cut my "candles" from the Temping Turquoise, Chocolate Chip and Melon Mambo card stocks and then added the designs by using the coordinating colored inks and a a sponge. I popped every-other one up using dimentionals.

The Barley Banana flames are made using the wing from the Two Step Bird punch and then Vanilla Shimmer Spray and Iridescent Ice embossing powder to make then sparkle. I finished off the card by dying the new 5/8" Whisper White grosgrain ribbon Melon Mambo and adding the sentiments that were punched out using the Medium Jewelry Tag punch.

Thanks for looking!
and
Happy Birthday Stacey!!

6 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Rochelle this is adorable! LOVE the big candles!

Cindy Major said...

This is fabulous! Love the sparkly flames!

Stacey Schafer said...

I love it! Thanks so much, Rochelle! It is the cutest birthday card ever:) You're the sweetest and I can't wait to see you next week! Glad you could join our Curtain Call this week!

Sue said...

WOW Rocelle!!! I absolutely love this stunning creation of yours!!! I cannot believe how you made the flames, you are just so clever!!!! :)

Shelley said...

Oh my! This is soooo incredible! Love, love, love it! Your flames are super!!! Very creative!

Candace said...

I hope you don't mind that I will definitely be CASEing this card in the near future - how cute is that!