Thursday, May 20, 2010

Antiqued Purple Flowers- SCIC03


I can't even believe it's week 3 already for the Stampin' Celebration blog Inspiration Challenge! And look at this inspiration picture! The yellow, brown, purple.....very fun colors to work with!! Go give it a try and while you are there check out the other design team members fabulous samples this week...you do not want to miss them!!

Here is my card for this week. I used the Messages for Mom stamp set just like I did for my Mom's mothers day card here. I also did a little something different with this card, I used the Cracked Glass Technique. (This is where you rub Versa Mark all over your image and then sprinkle Glossy Glaze embossing power all over it, use the heat gun on it to emboss and them repeat two more times. This creates a thick shiny layer over your image. When that is done, stick your glossy images in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When you take it out immediately start to crack it by bending the paper a bit. Then you take a sponge with darker ink on it and rub it over the cracks to make the crack more pronounced and rub off any extra ink that did not get in the cracks with a dry cloth.)

Here is close up of the technique.

I finished off the card by tying a piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon around the card and added a sentiment on a Medium Jewelery Tag and called it good!

Thanks for looking!

don't forget to stop by the Stampin' Celebration blog!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so pretty! The images go so well with the cracked glass technique!

Unknown said...

Hi Rochelle! This is absolutely stunning! Totally beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card Rochelle! I love that you used the cracked glass technique. Great layout too.

Nancy Williams said...

This took some patience, my dear -- but so worth it! This is beautiful!!!! ~ Nancy