Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Freesia and Card


Happy Mothers Day! I hope all you mothers had a great day!

Here is what my Mom got today! A potted Freesia flower with a few hand made accessories! I do not think I have ever seen or smelt a Freesia before and they are so pretty and smell so good!

I picked up the flower at a store and then came home and re-potted it into a bigger pit and added a few accessories to make it cute! First I added the 5/8" Black Grosgrain ribbon around the pot and tied it in a bow.
Then I die cut a few butterflies from the Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die using my Big Shot and Basic Black and Vellum card stocks. I also ran the Vellum through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder. I put a few butterflies together using mini glue dots ans adhered then to green "sticks" and stuck them into the pot.

Here is a close up of one of the butterflies. Nothing fancy, just a little something to give it a home made touch!

Here is the card I made for my Mom. I knew she liked this stamp set, so I used it on her card!

The stamp set if the the Occasions Mini catalog and is called Messages for Mom. I took the flower image and stamped it multiple time onto Watercolor paper using Black StazOn. I took the Rose Red, Apricot Appeal and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers and highlighted the image using the appropriate colors.

Then I took the Aqua Painter Pen and painted over the places I had colored to give it a softer look. I didn't color perfectly so that way the color would flow out of the line a little bit to fill the white spaces on the Watercolor paper.

I added a piece of Very Vanilla ribbon, a bow and a sentiment from the same stamp set to finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

p.s. Remember to stop by the Stampin' Celebration Blog to play along with us in the very first inspiration challenge!!

No comments: