Friday, January 29, 2010

Elegant Egg-let Flower- Color Throwdown #77


This week the Color Throwdown team has a refreshing color combo with Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery. What great colors to work with!

Here is what I came up with. The Elegant Eggplant flower was made using the Eyelet Border Punch, what a fun and easy way to make paper flowers in any color you want!

I added a Clear Rhinestone brad to the center of the flower and a piece of the new Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon as the leaves to complete the flower. I mounted the flower onto a Kiss from the Occasions Mini catalog.

I covered the Baja Breeze card stock with a piece of Vellum card stock I sent through my Big Shot with the Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder and then sewed them together and mounted it onto the Whisper White card base. The sentiment on the banner is from the new stamp set Messages for Mom.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sue said...

love your card- so elegent, the flowers look sensational and the idea with the vellum is so easy but looks great!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card and the flower is beautiful! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! Where are you in Colorado? I moved from Trinidad last June. How about all the snow!

dj said...

great flower creation!! I will have to give that a try!! Thanks for playing along with the CTD challenge!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card and flower! I would LOVE to know how you made it???

Arielle H Gordon said...

Rochelle, don't know how I missed this, this is so gorgeous! How did you make it? I want to make some!!!