Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Twilight Love- Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #32


Here is a new challenge for me, it is called Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. I have been checking in on their blog for a little while now, and decided to take the plunge this week! Every Saturday they post a new movie and then you make a card inspired by that movie (you can find out more on their blog). What a fun idea!

This week the Movie was Twilight. I am not a Twilight freak like some people I know, most of my club, (I saw the movie and I have read maybe about 1/4 of the first book...) but I decided to do the challenge anyway and then give the card away at my next club!
So here is what I came up with, a simple card with the requirements from the challenge, use red, black and some sparkle. The two hearts are chipboard hearts I covered with card stock. The red one (Bella) is Ridding Hood Red and then the sparkly one (Edward) was embossed with a Dazzling Diamonds and Clear Embossing powder mix. The words (from a couple different sets) were stamped on Basic Black card stock and then embossed with White Embossing powder.

The card base is Basic Black and then it has a panel of Whisper White and then a sheet of Vellum card stock on top of that. I think the Vellum give it a softer and more mysterious look, which I think fits Twilight.

Here is a close up of the sparkly heart. I hope you like it, I had fun with this new challenge!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

This is so cute. Love how the two hearts represent Bella and Edward.