Saturday, April 11, 2009

April $5 Friday- Cameo Crazy


Do you recognize this card? If you looked at my blog a few days ago, you should! I made a very very similar card to this one and liked it so much, I decided to do it for $5 Friday this month.

You know when you make a card the first time and then go to make it again, you tweak it, well, that is what happened to this one! I changed the card size to 51/2" X 41/4", changed the leaf color, stamped a different sentiment, added different ribbon and added some more paper piercing.

To get this custom "Basic Gray" ribbon, I dyed white ribbon and it came out perfectly! I haven't done very much dying, but the few times I have dine it, I have been very satisfied!

(All you do to dye ribbon is add a little water to a small plastic container, I used an old embellishment container from SU!, and then add drops of classic re-inker to the water until the mixture is a bit darker than you want the finished product to be and then dip your ribbon in and pat it dry with a paper towel and then speed up the drying process with a hair dryer!)



The second card we made this month is this Cameo Coral Birthday card.

The white daisy and the pearl center is from the Pretties Kit. The DSP is from the Raspberry Tart paper kit and I layered some Velum Card Stock over it to lighten it up a bit. I stamped the birthday sentiment from On Your Birthday on the Velum using Black Staz-On.

The Whisper White card stock on the bottom is embossed using the Big Shot and the Large dots texture plate (it's hard to see in the picture).

(I haven't used the big daisy from the Pretties kit very much, because I always find that it is "floppy". So I was thinking what I could do to it to make it not so "floppy" and I thought if aerosol hair spray! So I sprayed the daisy and then hit it with the hair dryer a minute and it seemed to help! I was also just thinking, I wonder if you could use starch as well...ummm...I will have to try that next time!)


Thanks for looking!

No comments: