Saturday, February 14, 2009

February Club


This month in club we did two new techniques, the View Master card and stamping with Bleach.

The first card was the View Master (tutorial coming soon to my blog!). A View Master card has a built in paper wheel that you turn to make the different images show up in the hole you punch (does that make sense?) I chose to use the Owl Together Now stamp set because I thought it would work well for this kind of card.

The colors in the card are Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. The wheel rotates so you see another owl and then a saying from the stamp set.



The next card we made used the stamping with bleach technique. Depending on what color of card stock you use, the bleach will change it different colors. So my advise it to always do a test stamp in bleach first on a scrap piece of card stock to see if the bleach does what you want it to do.

The colors I used in this card are Barley Banana (card base), Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and bleach (the bleach is the yellow-y color on the daisys). The Stamp set is Upsy Daisy, and DSP comes from the Chocolate Chip Patters DSP and the ribbon is the 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain. I also used the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 texturz plate (the biggest dots) with my bog shot to give the Baja Breeze some texture.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: