Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sizzix Big Shot

Have you ever heard of Sizzix? Well SU rescently partnered with them and now SU sells The Sizzix Big Shot! (FYI...The Sizzix Big Shot is a personal die-cutting system that is run with the crank of the handle and is super easy to use!) SU came out with some exclusive dies that coordinate with some of their other products. I haven't had a chance to play with it a lot, but what I have had time to do I have had fun with!

Here is a card that I made that uses the Scallop Envelope Bigz Die and the flowers from the Birds and Blooms Sizzlits die. (That is the Big Shot in the background) I think you can tell, but the "birthday..." stamp is stamped on a piece of paper that is slipped into the envelope that I die cut and taped onto the card front. The paper that I used is called Green Tea and it is from the new Designer Series Paper.

(I am actually demonstrating this card as my "Sizzix Project" at our next Demonstrators meeting next week.)

I will have to play around with my Big Shot more! There seems to be no end in possibilities with what you can do with it! (oh....did I mention that it can cut through over 45 materials including fabric, metal, cork and chipboard!!!)

No comments: