Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shimmering Flakes- SCIC34


It's Thursday and that means time for another Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge! This week we are celebrating frosty cold winter! I love all the blue's and sparkle in the inspiration pictures. Feel free to play along with us by uploading your creation at the Stampin' Celebration blog!
Here is what I came up with for this week. The colors are Whisper White and Bashful Blue and a hint of Frost White Shimmer Paint.

I used a piece of Vellum card stock and embossed it using the Northern Flurry embossing folder (you can still get it, even though it was in the Holiday Mini) and then sponge-daubed over the snowflakes using Bashful Blue and a tiny bit of Marina Mist classic inks. Then I sponge-daubed over the blue snowflakes with the Frost White Shimmer Paint to give them a bit of a shimmer.

In this picture, you can see the shimmer a little bit better.

The sentiment comes from the new stamp set in the Occasions Mini catalog called Bring on the Cake and it was stamped on the Vellum card stock using Black Staz-On.


Thanks for looking!
I hope I inspired you to create something too!

OH!!! You are NOT going to want to miss out on next week's (1/13) celebration on the Stampin' Celebration blog....trust me! :)

No comments: