Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trio of Cobbler Flowers-SCIC11


It's week 11 already over at the Stampin' Celebration blog! And look at this fun fresh group of inspiration photos! To me the red (Cherry Cobbler) flowers with the light yellow (Barley Banana) and blue (Baja Breeze) background stood out.

So here is my card. I kept it pretty simple. I made the Cherry Cobbler flowers by layering the hearts from the Heart to Heart punch on top of each other in a circle shape. I added a small pearl from Stampin' Up!'s new Pearls to the center of each flower.

I mounted them onto a piece of Barley Banana and then Very Vanilla and then Baja Breeze. The Baja Breeze card stock is mounted on to a piece of Vellum card stock that was Smooch Spritz-ed using the Vanilla Shimmer (very hard to see in the picture).

I stamped the sentiment on the Shimmery Vellum using Black Staz On.

Be sure to check out the projects the other Stampin' Celebration design team members made this week!

Hope you can play along this week!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Rochelle! How creative to use the hearts to build the flowers. I'm going to have to remember that! I'm excited to meet you at convention. :-)

Candace said...

Wow Rochelle, those flowers are amazing! What a beautiful card for this week's challenge!

Shelley said...

Oh, this is the first thing that stood out with the inspiration photo, those beautiful red blooms. Very nice, giving them the added texture!