Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Trio of Masculinity- SCIC07


It's week seven at the Stampin' Celebration blog and this week we are celebrating fathers! The inspiration photo is a perfect place to get plenty of inspiration for any kind of masculine card. Make sure to check out the other design team members projects on the Stampin' Celebration blog!

Here is what I came up with, a trio of masculine cards using a few of the embossing folders! The colors I used were Whisper White, Night of Navy and Crushed Curry. I kept these masculine cards very simple, I think that is what make a masculine card a masculine card!

The embossing folders I used were Vintage Wallpaper (sneak-peak from the new catalog!!!!!), Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots. I tied a piece of Crushed Curry ribbon around each of the embossed pieces of card stocks and then mounted them onto Crushed Curry card stock and then onto the Whisper White card base. I added a tag punch that had been stamped using the Tiny Tags stamp set.

Here is a close up of the texture on the cards.

Thanks for looking!

and don't forget to stop by the Stampin' Celebration blog and play along!!

3 comments:

Nancy Williams said...

These are very striking. Nice!
See you at convention??
Nancy

Unknown said...

I love these Rochelle! What a great way to showcase the embossing folders!

Sylvia Nelson said...

Hi Rochelle
I awoke to no internet, no television, and no phone! Someone cut the fiber optics line. So I am not sure what the color for Friday should be, maybe blue for calm and peaceful! But I loved your answer! Love your cards! So elegant! I hope you got your flowers planted. In Trinidad, my best flowers were pansies, butterfly bushes, roses, all the bulbs, but especially the Lilies. We were higher in elevation than you and I mulched good and if we had enough rain my pansies were only hard to keep alive in August! Have a wonderful weekend!