Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shimmery Medallion- CCCCAct17 (and fox!)


Stacey has (well, I guess had, since I am uploading at the last minute!) a great color challenge this week again! The colors are Going Gray, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Very Vanilla. These are colors I would have never put together, but once I got them out I had fun putting them together on a card!

Here is my card for this week! I used the "easel card" technique for the first time and I really like it. What a nice way to display a card front.

I used the Medallion stamp and inked it up with So Saffron ink and then used a sponge dauber to daub More Mustard ink directly onto the stamp around the outer edge of the Medallion and then stamped it onto the Very Vanilla card stock.

I then took some White shimmer paint and added accents to the Medallion in a few places (it is very hard to see in the picture...you will have to take my word on it!) then I added a half pearl from the Pretties Kit to the middle. Then I misted the entire front and inside of the card with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint/Alcohol spray to give it a nice soft shimmery look.

I stamped the sentiment "congratulations" from the stamp set Well Scripted in Chocolate Chip ink and added a piece of Very Vanilla Satin ribbon, also misted with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint/Alcohol spray, to finish it off.

As I was using these colors it reminded me of the little fox that has been hanging out on one of the wood piles behind our house lately, so here is a picture of him! Isn't is amazing how the colors on him match this weeks Curtain Call Color Challenge so well?!


Thanks for looking!


**Stacey picked this card for a Show Stopper this week!!**
**Thanks Stacey!**

2 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Love your shimmery easel card, Rochelle! That cute little fox is an inspiration all by himself:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call...in plenty of time...it's 11:11 PM here!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, how pretty it is. and how cute is that little fox!