In a previous post, seen here, I posted these tile coasters and then was asked to tell how I made these tile coasters, so here we go!
- Travertino tiles, not sealed (you can find theses at your local home improvement store or tile store. The ones I got were sold in pack's of 9)
- Black Staz On ink (or any solvent based ink)
- Stamp set of your choice (I used Circle Circus from SU!)
- Small cork pads (to put on the bottom of the tiles so they don't scratch the table when in use)
- Take your tile and wipe off any access residue from the tile (the white powdery stuff)
- Ink your stamp with Black Staz On (you must ONLY use a solvent based ink, like Staz On ink, on these tiles, if you use water based ink, it will smear and come off as soon as any water comes in contact with them!)
- Stamp your images on your tiles and let dry.
- Put four small cork pads on the bottom of each tile and you are done!
There is no need to seal them with anything. I tested mine after I stamped them and let them dry by dunking them into water and rubbing them while they were under water and nothing happened!
These will make perfect gifts for any occasion! Have fun!
If you have any other questions, please let me know!
I don't know why the text size in this post is all messed up size-wise...?