Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet Treat Bone Mix


Halloween is just around the corner, so I thought I would share a Halloween project with you.

This is a card we made at club last month. It uses the Sweet Treat Cups from the Holiday Mini. I was trying to think of what you could put inside of it besides candy and saw these plastic skeletons while grocery shopping and thought wow...how easy it would be to cut him up and put the bones in the Sweet Treat Cup, so that is what I did!

This card has a few details that I will point out to you:

To the bone mix I also added a few orange beads from the Orange Duo and two small googly eyes and called it good (this picture gives you a better look at the beads and the bones).







I added two brads and an Orange "diamond" to the card to give it more detail (the Orange "diamond" came from the circle Fire Rhinestone Brads, I just took off the brad part of it and used the "diamond" with a mini glue dot). I also textured the Basic Black piece of card stock using my Big Shot and the diamond texture plate.







The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock is Versa mark, embossed in black embossing powder and then punched out using the Modern Label punch. Then two more Modern label's were punched and layered behind the one with the sentiment on it. All layers were sponged with some Basic Black and Sahara Sand ink and attached to the card using Dimentionals.






The whole card thought out the steps was sponged to make it look a little more spookier! Here is the finished product again. It measures 4 1/4" square.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very ghoolish!--Susan Kauber

Stacey Schafer said...

Love your version of the sweet treat cup! Awesome!