Saturday, May 16, 2009

2 Cards for one Challenge- Jewelry Color Inspiration #36

I need to stop waiting till the last minute to make these cards for Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration #36! Well, I tried this week, but the first card I made, I didn't really like, so I had to start over...a few days later!

Here is the piece of Jewelry she got the color inspiration from. The colors are Temping Turquoise, Lavender Lace, So Saffron and Whisper White...what different colors for me!

Here is the second card I made, that I like better than the first, I think. It uses the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, some 5/8" So Saffron ribbon and the 5/16" white Jumbo Brads.








And here is the first card I made. I got the sketch for this one from Got Sketch? It was sketch 83. I used quite a few different things on this card. They are, a flower from the pretties kit, the Top Note die cut using the Big Shot, a button die cut using the Big Shot, White Satin ribbon, DSP from my scrap pile, the Scallop edge punch, Versa Mark Ink, Basic Black Classic Ink and a few different stamp sets, one current (On Your Birthday) and one retired (Polka Dots and Paisley)...oh and some glitter glue used on the flower petals.

This picture you can see the Paisley print I stamped on the Tempting Turquoise and the Whisper White. And maybe if you look really closely the glitter glue on the flower petals (it only goes in a line on the "vein" of the leaf.)

Thanks for looking!

JUST POSTED! Stacey picked my card with the big flower on it for her pick this week...I am soo happy! Thanks again Stacey! Go check out her Weekly challenges, they are always so fun!

4 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Omgosh, Rochelle! I love both of your cards! The first one... the pretties flower with the die cut button & top note is darling!!! and your impeccably stamped butterflies on the second one are fantastic:) Thanks for sharing both of these for the JCI36!

Rose said...

Oh Rochelle! These cards are so pretty :) Such a springy color combo! I love the pretties flower and button center - so cute!

Caryl P said...

Beautifully done Rochelle! I love both cards that you made, and the butterflies are beautifully done.

Stacey Schafer said...

I picked your card with the pretties flower as my favorite this week for the Jewelry Color Inspiration #36! Email me your mailing address so I can get your free stamp set to you:)