Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rustic Cabin


Here is a card I made using the Backwoods stamp set. I like the way it came out, it looks very rustic.

The log cabin was stamped in Black Staz On on the watercolor paper first, colored and then I masked the cabin and then stamped the pine trees and aqua painted over them a bit to make sure the cabin stood out. I finished off the scene by aqua painting the "dirt" along the bottom of the cabin.

You can see I ruffed up the edges of the watercolor paper a little bit to make it look rustic.




I used multiple papers, inks (sponged) and techniques on this card to, again, give it the rustic/worn look. I used some random hardware and fibers to finish off the card.



ohhh and p.s. my next post will be #100!! So be ready for my first blog candy ever...coming soon!

No comments: