Sunday, November 16, 2008

November Club Cards


Here are the cards that we made this month for my club.


The first card features the Cracked Glass Technique. You do this by "smooshing" Versa Mark ink all over your stamped image and then sprinkling Glassy Glaze Enamel over that and then embossing it. You do this three times, so you have three layers of Glassy Glaze Enamel on to your stamped image. You then put your paper you just embossed into the freezer for about 5 mins. When you take it out you just crack the "glass" by bending the image in a few different directions. Here is a close up of the crack glass.




The card stock that I used to make this card were Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I used Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow and More Mustard classic ink to stamp the images and Glassy Glaze Enamel and Versa Mark to make the "glass". Other accessories I used were 5/8" Grosgrain Chocolate Chip ribbon, Linen Thread, the Scallop Edge punch, the 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and the 1/16" circle punches. To make the background image I used multiple stamp sets, they include Itty Bitty Backgrounds (little dots), Priceless (little flower), and Season of Friendship (the leaves) and the sentiment is from the Hostess set called Best Yet.

((You may recognize this next card from an earlier post on my blog, this is the card I submitted for the soshelli.com creative challenge, but I liked it so much I wanted to share it with my club!))


This was the Thanksgiving card that we made. The main image (the Pumpkin) is punch art. It is made by punching out five Wide Ovals sponging around them and gluing them together in a pumpkin shape.


The card stock I used for this card is Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie (how appropriate! :) ) and So Saffron. The pumpkins stem is made with a little piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon folded in half. The Vines are made from the 3/4" and the 1/2" circle punch punched out and then cut into a spiral shape. The "hay" is the So Saffron paper cut into thin strips and then crumpled up.


There wasn't much stamping on this card, but the stamp sets I used were Celebrate Everything (Celebrate) and Fundamental Phrases (thanks). I did use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the two words.


The last card that we made was a simple Christmas card. It seems like Christmas is so far away, but it will be here before we know it!

The paper used for this card is Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and Holiday Treasures DSP. The ribbon is the 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain. The cute little reindeer is from the A Holly, Jolly Christmas stamp set.
I stamped the reindeer in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and then clear embossed it. Then I colored in the nose and put a drop of Crystal effects on his nose! I think you can tell which reindeer he is!

Thanks for looking!


No comments: