Thursday, September 11, 2008

Framed

If you have looked through the new catalog, I am sure you will know where I got my inspiration from for this frame. As soon as I saw that picture frame (pg 161) in the catalog, I new I was going to make one like it, so I did! I found the picture frame I used at a discount store on sale. I then brought it home and distressed it a little bit with a sanding block (you probably can't see it too much in the picture). Then came the hard part, what colors to use. I came up with Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and a little Riding Hood Red for some accents.


I made each little square a little different and had fun experimenting with each of them! I used punches, felt flowers, brads, mini library clips, buttons, sponges, ribbon, paper piercer, stamps, ink and paper. (I only used accessories, designer series paper (DSP), and the colors that are available in the new catalog.) I purposely put each square on a little crooked, because I knew I couldn't put them all straight in a row!


I thought the stamp "happiness always" was a good sentiment to put in the middle, because that what stamping is to me! :)





In this picture you can see a few of the little squares and some of the details of them. I really had fun with this frame!

(If you have any questions of what exactly I used, let me know!)




No comments: